Monday 23 March 2015

changes in the air

This weekend has brought around some changes. 
Firstly and more importantly I feel, we have a new car coming :D I say we, primarily its for me as I am finding it hard to operate the manual gears of my car, this new one is an automatic so takes away the whole issue of my left leg being weak. 
It's exactly the same type of car as I currently own, a Toyota Yaris only its a new car. My current car, Husband has owned since new and is now 10 years old. Its a little used shall we say, it has the obligatory car park scratches that we all incur at some point in time as a driver. It also has begun to have worn parts. 
We had her serviced saturday at Toyota and she needed new brake discs and pads and a few other advisories had popped up and would need sorting in the next month or two. In total she cost £404 :O a bit more than the £300 I'd anticipated for. But hey ho needs must etc. 
Sunday we went back to Toyota and had a really good chat with them about what we need vs what we want and the new yaris was one I had my heart set on. Purely cosmetically really. I like the style and look. I also liked the practicality of it being a similar size, I love the layout and handling of the yaris and all in all they are a super car to drive. 
After umming and arring we agreed that a new car would be best. 
The sales assistant (or showroom assistant I forget his role) was very lovely. No hard selling or pushing for extras. In fact he pointed out things I wanted as extras came in as standard and didnt really offer much more than what I already had. I wanted rear parking sensors so if my eyes are playing up I can judge the distance better, he pointed out it has a rear view camera (fancy!!) which in effect rendered the sensors obsoleet. He could have pushed me to add them at quite a cost but steered us away. Thanks Toyota man :) 
A second hand model would have a 9% apr, new was 0%. Second hand was only £2000 cheaper overall. 
Second hand would com with what ever the previous owner had added. So comes as it is. 
Based on this we've gone new. No car tax to pay ever and being a hybrid was also a big bonus. I'm digressing now! 

So yes, we've traded in my car and thats gone on as the deposit and the monthly repayments are v low. All in all a cracking deal. It now means I have an automatic that opens up so much more in regards to being mobile and independent once more. 
This morning I drove my son to college, its a 15 min journey give or take. About 3.5 miles away (thanks google maps) so not far. But constant traffic lights and road works, morning commuters and is a pain in the bum for needing to keep changing up and down gears, holding the biting point, which in current car is the highest point. Numerous MOT and services have all mentioned this but rectifying was too costly. This means my leg weakens and I end up in too much pain and not 100% focused. Its also hurting my hip and sitting in the position isnt nice either. So removing the manual gears eliminates one part, leaving me in less pain and in theory stronger to then do something once ive driven to location or back home. 

Ill be sad to hand over Maisie's (my car) keys but the new car is a physical reminder of change and moving onwards I think. Its all about adapting and changing with whats going on. 

In other news, I also received a letter from DWP. My PIP has been received and I will be seeing a member of ATOS for a health assessment at some point in the next 16 weeks, they have warned it could be longer. Im not very hopeful over this, a lot of bad press surrounds the ATOS and the whole system. 
I know they have to weedle the blatant forgers out of the benefits system, but it feels its to the detriment of genuine claimants at times. 
It now feels like I've an anxious wait to see if I'm 'successful' in being unable to work. That sounds such a oxymoron. 

Other stresses I'm currently going through, ive dealt with the CSA (Child support agency) once again today. I filed an official complaint with them last week over the useless handling of my claim against my sons father. 
He owes me currently just over £9,000. Yes NINE THOUSAND, thats not a typo!! 
In a claim which has been on going for over 6 years, we've been seperated 11 years in October. As yet ive received nothing. He works cash in hand, moves house, tells lies on where he really lives. Ive found out where he lives (same house he's grown up in!) Found out where he works yet the agency seems powerless to act.
We've been to court three tines and each time the judge awards in his favour of no action to remove wages directly or jail. If he owed this in council tax he'd be in hot water by now..... Frustrating doesnt even come close. Right now, knowing I'm owed £9000 is just infuriating. That could keep me afloat for a long time. My son needs so much, ive oaid through the nose for every school trip, he's been to Italy skiing, a geography trip to Iceland, numerous UK trips. It all adds up. I'm the one who's shouldered the cost. I worked extra hours to make sure he didnt go without. Yet his father, nothing :( 

Anyway, I must upload this as my ohone is almost out of battery. 

I'll update tomorrow as I finally see the neurophysio department!!! Ive been waiting since December. 

No comments:

Post a Comment