Saturday 28 March 2015

Scary flare?

This is more for a reference for myself than anything else, this evening whilst eating tea, my throat kept feeling tight and I was coughing to clear it (ended up inhaling rice coughing so much!)
Finished tea, it was a chicken curry, so soft food.

Went and sat on the sofa, got myself comfy and bam! Deep pain, like sinus pain, in the very top part of jaw, where it hinges with the skull.
This spread along the bottom jaw and was spreading like it was in my face. The pain was intense and I just burst into tears. Poor son and husband didnt know what was going on. I couldn't open my mouth properly to speak and just rocked with the pain, blowing out deeply.

It didnt last long. No more than 5 minutes, in that time I went v hot in the face to touch but I didn't feel hot. I wasnt flushed either.

After that it just ached to move my mouth but it loosened up in about 15 mins. It was then just like a wisdom or tooth removal ache u get after being at the dentist with your mouth kept open for ages.

I *think* its because I have been grinding my teeth constantly. My teeth dont feel set in my mouth and then I bite down they "sink' into my gums. Then just as u do when u have a sore or loose tooth and u keep sticking your tongue in it, I keep biting together. I'm also sucking in my cheeks like you do when pretending to pull a fish face?!! I do it without realising. Its almost a 'tick' ive developed.
The dental hygienist I saw on Monday has urged me to see dentist asap as I am chewing the inside of NY bottom lip badly (when I bite teeth) and its left deep indentations in the lips. Same with the top lip. Ive also bitten the cheeks to but not as bad

I can't help it though. I'm constantly gritting and biting my teeth together, I'm also picking my lips to pieces, ive two big deep sores where I just pick til it bleeds heavy, now it hurts to eat certain foods as it stings the sores.

Husband has noticed ive increased this obsessive repetition of picking and biting :(

I feel ok now, just aching jaw up near ears.

I've over done it by miles today. I think ive used the next 3 days spoons up let alone today's! Tomorrow IS going to be lazy. Once ive done the food shop....

BST begins in 3 hours :D I love the lighter nights and dawns. All the birds singing. Pity the weather can't pick up a little again.....anyways I can feel the meds starting to make me sleepy and my arms and fingers ache typing this in my phone. Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment