Tuesday 2 June 2015

Art therapy

I find myself this last week or more getting lost in the world of art therapy.
For those who, like me until very recently have no idea what art therapy is or indeed involves, its relaxing and losing yourself in a project where the only stresses you have to worry about is what colour to pick next, or which pattern will you have a go at.

It is a wonderful way to shut down an anxious mind and to help take some of the focus off of pain, spasms and the wonderful fizzy tingles and channel that into a much calmer and more positive avenue.

Amazon offers a wide range of colouring books for adults.
This is a simply gorgeous book to use and was my first experience with art therapy and colouring for adults.
These are the pencils I have used on all my projects.

My colourful budgie 

Spirograph style flowers 

These are just two of the pages Ive done so far. With a mix of the pencils above and finetip pens.

I get lost in them and can find a couple of hours have slipped me by and Ive not been thinking about pain, stress, anxiety, frustration. You name it, im not thinking of it whilst doing this.

I warn you it IS addictive though :)

Happy colouring X

No comments:

Post a Comment