Saturday 2 May 2015

Brown envelope's

My last week has been consumed by brown envelopes falling through my letter box.
Ive been awaiting my result from the DWP on the PIP assessment I attended a few weeks back.
I had a phone call from them last Friday, to go over a few more questions and confirm a few of the answers and evidence I'd submitted, like dates I'd been in hospital. All the info I gave both prior to the assessment and on the day of.....
She told me I'd have an answer by the end of day and to expect a reply in the post within 10 days.
Every time I saw someone outside I hoped it was the postman, a few days passed. Bills came, election leaflets came (and went straight in the recycling bin!)

Weds (I think) yet another brown envelope arrived.
I opened it, almost with my eyes closed.
It was another letter asking for another sick note.. 

I emailed my local hub group. I think they are along the lines of the former disCass team.
They provide advice and support on a vast array of matters and I asked for their advice on what was going on with my ESA claim.

The following day the post arrived with a heavy thud. Several brown envelopes....
Shaking I sat on the sofa and started opening them.
The first was my award letter from the PIP. I'd been accepted. Or rather, I failed the assessment in the way an able bodied person would pass it.
I was given standard mobility component and none for the care element.
I was 2 points shy of being granted it.
I'm looking into asking for a reconsideration into it and I'm hoping I can get a few more bits of evidence from the pain physio this coming week to submit.

The other letters were another asking for a sick note. The day after the previous letter. A letter telling me I'd been awarded the ESA from the 21/02 at x amount and then z amount from 7th April, new tax year I am assuming? But as yet no money.
Whilst opening the letters a lady from the hub called me back, we went through the info I had in front of me and she has offered to come attend my ESA assessment weds.

I also have the pain clinic physiotherapy assessment weds at Frimley hospital. So a busy day for me.
I've filled in their pre appointment forms and the picture of the two bodies you have to draw where you hurt etc. Let's just say there's few places left unmarked lol.

Symptoms wise I'm having an awful few days. I feel full of static charge and painful pins and needles. Not the tingling kind. Stabbing repeatedly kind. My tongue is buzzing, my skin feels goose bumpy and bruised to touch. I keep jerking and twitching and the fatigue has been incredible. I could happily sleep the whole day and night away.
Friday I kept having a choking sensation, my throat would close momentarily and I'd cough splutter and gag when it opened. I'd did so randomly and was awful.

I'm wondering when this will ease, the drs were insistent in I'd get better.  As yet I'm not. But mentally I'm getting stronger. I cling on to that. Its not let me down yet x

No comments:

Post a Comment