Wednesday 15 April 2015

Jump around

Last week I ordered some dog agility poles from here and they arrived yesterday, v quick delivery and fab quality. I have the pink set (why not!) and the red,blue and green set.
After the beagles gave it a thorough sniff and inspection, I got my son to help me set the poles up. 
I was worn out just opening the package! 
Bella did her usual unimpressed scowl at what I was doing, she always appears to look down her muzzle at you as if everything and everyone is beneath her! No idea where she gets that from ;)
Mooky just tried to eat it!

I stumbled round the garden setting up the 'course', sadly my garden isn't very big and is rather uneven with a rotary wash line smack bang in the middle, so I was waddling around bent over with fluorescent poles in my hands. I swear my neighbours must think I'm nuts!

Once ready I called the dogs out, Bella took one look, turned and went back to sleeping in the sun on the sofa (diva!) Moo gave it a go though :) #proud
Admittedly it was probably the pumpkin biscuit ( I will add the recipe for the biscuits in here at a later date as they are easy to make and a rather nice healthier alternative to shop bought treats. he was after as opposed to suddenly becoming a agility star. However, he flew over each jump and I was able to 'play' with him and interact and be a dog owner once more.
I was able to stand on the lawn and lead him over the jumps with a command (over) and the offer of a snack. After a few minutes both he and I were worn out so we came indoors and both crashed out on the sofa for a while. Success!!
I had two hospital appointments yesterday. At two separate hospitals! I'll update shortly as I'm v sleepy right now and dozing off whilst typing this on my phone as it is. 


Edited to add in the hospital appointments. 
I had two appointments yesterday. 
The first was at the hospital I dread going to due to past experiences there, infertility and the admission in December. It was in the eye clinic and im pleased to say my vision has improved slightly since the visit 6 weeks ago. I tried (and failed) to explain FND to her and we have drawn a conclusion that a flare up/episode of this I had over the recent months is what triggered my fast downhill decline in vision and the nystagmus worsening. We cant be 100% on this but between us we have agreed. So, if I have further episodes and I notice vision declining again just to monitor it as nothing they can do as I refuse the op to tighten the eye muscle, If it continues to get worse or doesnt seem to improve then ring them up and be re seen. So for now, I have been discharged by their team and im happy with that decision. 

2nd appointment was held at a different hospital some miles away, I had been here once before and its a military hospital and is one of the nicer hospitals Ive been in. 
This was to see the pain clinic team again. The nurse was WONDERFUL, I really can not praise her highly enough. She was everything you want and need from a medical professional. Honest, straightforward and kind. 
We discussed what has led to me being there and I brought up how I had previously seen dr B and had enquired into my back pain with him as originally I was seeing him for my knees. yet gp refused the re referral 3 times :( nurse is making a point of investigating that with the surgery!!

So I am being booked in for a through check over with a pain physio to see where my pain is, where my problems are and what makes it worse etc. Then i am seeing Dr B and discussing a pain management plan. She thinks it will likely be injection steroids or similar again. I dont care what they do i just want the pain relieving again. 

I am also taking part in a workshop on psychological pain and how to deal with it (or something to that affect) she has said its a tick box type thing just to get gp of my case and show we are trying all bases. I have said i want to try any way just because I will try anything and who knows it may help?

She wants them to take over the majority of my care plan and I am very happy with that, I feel I am in good hands with them and I know they are approachable and knowledgable. I hope I keep this view of them, as so far my experiences with medical staff has been some what of a dismay! 

That is in a nutshell, what happened yesterday. So today I am mentally and physically exhausted and having a lazy(er) day than normal. the weather is gorgeous which as an added bonus tires the dogs out so lovely snoring beagles to keep me company :) 

Right, meds and loo break time. I try and coincide having to get upstairs with as many things as possible, or kill as many birds with one stone? Im worn out just getting upstairs so i try and minimise it as best I can. 

Adios x 

No comments:

Post a Comment